Friday, January 30, 2009

Has it really been a month?

Every day I intend to sit down and post something on my blog, but every day rushes by and I lay in bed at night and say, "I'll post something tomorrow." Now here I am, finally logged on and am frightened to see that it's been over a month since I made my first post! Has it really been a month? I will get better about this, I promise. There are so many moments in my day that something will happen or someone will say something or I'll have an interesting thought and I just know I should post it on my blog, but never do! No more....I will be intentional about posting.



So many great things have happened in this last month that I'll probably do some back-tracking in my next few posts. For starters, Christmas was fabulous. This was our first Christmas at our new church and it was an awesome way to celebrate it. On Christmas Eve Eve, our church brought in 100 tons of snow for the kids to sled. Now that may sound like a lot of snow, but it's amazing how small it packs together when making a sled run! They had horse-drawn carriage rides, hot chocolate, petting zoo, train rides, pony rides and lots of other fun things for families to enjoy. It was a blast!
Christmas Eve was spent first with John's side of the family, then church, then celebrating with our "Front Row Friends" the O'Malley Family. Christmas Eve service at church was better than anything I could have imagined in my head. The Holy Spirit is definitely active in that church!!!!! As usual, we stayed home on Christmas day to enjoy the girls and all of their new things. Makenna's birthday followed on Dec. 27th and our baby turned 9! We celebrated with a party at "Mud Shack" then my side of the family came over for our Christmas celebration.

New Years was spent with the O'Malleys....who else? We had a blast and we were blessed to ring in the new year together. We set off some fireworks (we're playing naive about them being illegal) and lots of games, food, laughter and more food. Let's just say we stuffed our faces!

So there's the "Readers Digest" version of the holidays. More to come soon...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment