Thursday, November 19, 2009

Go Away Flu!

Flu season is upon us and it chose to peek its sneaky head in our home. I already endured 2 kidney stones in just a 3 week period of time when just 3 days after passing the second stone, the flu hit and knocked me out for a good solid 9 days! John was it's next victim, but fortunately he had a much lighter version of it. Makenna was next with a real knock-out like mine. It probably didn't help that she competed in a swim meet the day before it hit her. To make matters worse, she competed in 2 long events, completely exhausting herself. Because of the weekend, she only missed 3 days of school, but unfortunately, one of them was the annual school Walk-And-Roll-A-Thon. :( For me, all this flu meant nearly 2 weeks stuck in the house! Now, I know I needed rest and some time to catch up on a few things at home, but God really knocked it to me. I spent 4 solid days in bed unable to do anything but sleep and catch up on everything on Tivo. Yes Lord, thank you for the rest. I then had lots of time to organize my office, do laundry, iron and everything else I needed to get done. I may have gone a little crazy while in confinement, but God reminded me that He's provided me with a home to live, a family to love and care for and friends that helped run the kids around. I am blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Please say you got Kiley her flu shots since she already has respiratory problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet O'Malley11/23/09, 6:40 AM

    Glad everyone is better. It's been a tough month. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete