Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Was That Last Year?

Here I am, nearly a year since my last post, with a laundry list of reasons I haven't blogged during this time. These include: Makenna (now 13) has water polo practice nearly every day of the week with tournaments nearly every weekend, Kiley (now 15) still has the horse that we must attend to everyday, I've been fighting to get my health back after being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, my best friend/sister/a literal piece of me is battling stage 4 cancer and I've been at her side for almost every treatment and surgery. We've done a few "bucket list" trips, including Las Vegas, New York City and Seattle to visit her family. Then you add in Jr. Olympics for Makenna, Kiley attending the second best rated high school in Southern California and my life is a bit CHAOTIC! The biggest reason I've neglected my blog though, is that it's not on my list of top priorities. I have this disease I've aptly named "Perfectionism." If I can't give my best to something, then I don't do it. As much as I say I shouldn't care of what people think of my blog, I really do. If I can't write the perfect summary of what's happening in my life or what's on my mind, then I just don't write....which is bad since this blog is really about my family and me and something that we can all look back on and remember. Perhaps someday my great, great grandchildren will get a glimpse of who I am through the things that I've written. However, I'm sure technology will be way beyond blogging by the time they are born! I have been writing privately though, more like journaling my journey with my above mentioned sister-friend. I call her that because she's more than a friend, we're close like sisters. We grew up together, in fact, I even had my own bedroom in her house growing up! She's been beside me through the trauma, the joys, the bumps in the road and the many exciting things life has brought our way. That journal is for us only, therefore, you won't ever find it on my blog. I may share, publicly, some of our adventures together, but the deep stuff is for the private journal only. In order to conquer my disease of "Perfectionism," and to get me writing again, I've decided my blogging will now become short paragraphs of little thoughts or moments I want to share. Sometimes I might not write anything at all and just post a picture. Please join me as I make an attempt at this new blogging journey. For those of you that followed my other blog, http://fortheloveofmygirls.blogspot.com/, I haven't posted on that for 2.5 years. I decided long ago to simplify my life and just keep one blog. I am, however, not taking that blog down as it is what it's called, "For the Love of my Girls" and I want them to be able to have access to it if they ever want to laugh at the words of wisdom I tried to leave for them. Until next time, I'm leaving you with a few pictures of events from the last year.
 Candid moment between Kiley & Dot

 Kiley Riding Dot

 Makenna at Jr. Olympics

 Her Team Placed 6th in the Nation!

 Stacia & I in NYC at the WTC Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment