Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Celebrating 15 Years of Marriage


It's hard to believe, but just a few days ago, John and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary! It's amazing how the years have passed so quickly. Even more amazing is that we started dating 4 years before we even got married. I have spent more of my life with John than I lived before I met him. I feel so blessed that God chose John to be my husband. As far as marriages go, I feel like I hit the jackpot! We almost never fight and we tend to always be thinking about the same things without even saying a word out loud. It's like we have that "twin thing" going on.
God's Hand has always been on this marriage. I'm amazed all He has done for us and through us. We have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters that we praise God for daily. Our prayers are that God will provide K and M with Godly husbands and that they'll have a strong marriage like ours. God's given us the ability to buy, then sell, then buy another beautiful home. The last 15 years haven't all been easy, we've had our share of medical scares, surgeries and difficult recoveries, the loss of loved ones and other hard times, but we count those all as building blocks to get where we are today and be the people God wants us to be for Him, for our children and for each other. We look forward to another 15 years and beyond as we continue to grow old together with God as the center of our family.

1 comment:

  1. Janet O'Malley7/16/09, 9:25 AM

    You two haven't changed a bit. OK, well maybe a little, but for the better. Wish we knew you then, but we probably wouldn't have the relationship we do now. God always knows what He's doing. Congrats on 15 years of marriage!! Love you two!!

    ReplyDelete