Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Daughter, Kiley, the Giver of Advice


Kiley may only be 11 years old, but there's a lot of wisdom in those 11 years. She sure knows me well. She knows I'm constantly pushing the limits on how much I can get done in as little time as possible. So it didn't surprise me the other day when she begged me to listen to her. It was 10 minutes until 8:00pm and with probably only 10 minutes of decent sunlight left and maybe another 20 minutes after that of fading sunlight, I decided I was going to try to hurry and mow the front yard. If you've seen our front yard, you would know that this is a much longer project than 30 minutes, our front yard is one giant area of grass! As I'm rushing to change into my "lawn work clothes" and grabbing my ipod, Kiley says, "Mom, please don't! You don't have enough time and you need to slow down and relax this evening." She stopped me dead in my tracks. She was right and was thinking more logically than me! I would have never finished it in the daylight and what was the hurry? I could easily do it the next evening when I could start on it earlier. Perhaps I should listen to this wise young lady more often!

1 comment:

  1. Janet O'Malley8/3/09, 11:01 PM

    I could have told you that a long time ago. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete