Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Summer Job

By the end of this week I will be half way through my part time, 6 week summer job. I am teaching chapel to 4 year-olds through 6th graders at a summer day camp. The greatest part about this job is that I'm working for Estina Schrock again! She was my babysitter when I was little and I also attended her day camp as a tween when she first started it 27 years ago. Then, in my mid teens, I worked for the day camp as a teen helper. After all these years, she thought of me when her regular chapel director had to go on maternity leave. I have really enjoyed teaching again and best of all, there is absolutely no curriculum, so I have the opportunity to be creative, write my own curriculum and run chapel how I want to do it rather than being told how to do. So far the kids have been great and my daughters have been great helpers! I don't know what I would do without their help. I only teach a total of 3 hours a week broken up over 3 mornings. Does it get much better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment