Thursday, May 7, 2009

Introducing.......Roxy!


We proudly announce the arrival of our new dog, Roxy! She is a Poodle and Cocker Spaniel mix, also known as a "Cockapoo." She is 9 weeks old and currently weighs 3 lbs. 3 oz. and should reach an approximate size of 10-12 lbs. when she's fully grown. So some of you might be doing the math and thinking, "Are they crazy? 3 dogs!" The answer in yes, the girls and I are, John just tolerates the craziness. As you may know, we have a 5 year-old Chihuahua named Pebbles and 4 year-old Weimaraner named Shadow. I've always been a huge pet lover and I think I've always been a little sad that I wasn't able to have more children. The dogs must fill that emptiness or maybe I just love my pets. This is it though! We won't EVER have more than 3! Not to mention, I think the city only allows 3 dogs per household, although I know several people with 4.

How did we decide on a Cockapoo, you might ask? It's simple, Kiley has wanted a Pug for a long time. No one else in the family did. Her second dog of choice was a Poodle and Makenna agreed. They have a friend that had one and they always adored her. I have wanted a Cocker Spaniel for as far back as I can remember. Then one day a couple years ago, I saw a Cockapoo and thought they were adorable! As we started to think about getting another dog, this seemed like a natural choice. There's a lady that has a pet grooming business near John's work and she happened to have one and that is how Roxy came to be ours. She is the first dog we've had that doesn't have super short fur. I will have to keep her trimmed, which I'm already working on getting her used to me doing for her. The best part, because of the Poodle in her, she won't shed! Shadow and Pebbles have already taken to her (that is, as long as Pebbles still gets to be the "top dog"). We're working through potty training and the girls are very helpful. So, all are welcome to come meet Roxy.

2 comments:

  1. Janet O'Malley5/10/09, 1:35 PM

    Never say never, Shawna!! I'll remind you of this again when you want "just one more" dog:) Also, if anyone goes to check out the new dog, make sure you're well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxie is so cute.

    ReplyDelete