Monday, May 25, 2009

Volcanic Eruption

Life sure has been busy lately. As we come to the end of another school year, a common phrase I hear is, "we're winding down to the last day of school." Really? We're "winding down?" I would say it's more like a "volcanic eruption" of mass chaos as the school year comes to an end. Kiley has a "State Float" due, a huge project that seems like a bit much for each 5th grader and Makenna has a report due. STAR testing has finally ended, so running to the store for healthy snacks for the entire class is done. However, there is still much to be done, "Intent to Return" forms have to be turned in to the school, then if the answer is "yes," you have to fill out a long form on the type of learning environment is best for your child so they are placed in the right class the following year (can't they just look at all the previous forms I've filled out?), there are supplies to buy for end-of-the-year parties and the list goes on and on. We continue on this crazy path until we finally hit the wall of the last day of school. So, forgive me if I don't feel like I'm "winding down" from the school year. I'll officially wind down once a year's worth of school work has been sifted through and filed in either the "memory box" or the trash, the backpacks and lunch boxes are washed and put away and I go to bed without setting the alarm for another crazy morning of getting the girls out the door for school. Until then, I'll go with the flow of the volcanic eruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment