Thursday, December 31, 2009

Seussical the Musical!

It's amazing how quickly events can come and go. Before you know it, all the planning and hard work that goes into an event is suddenly over. In our family, that event was "Seussical the Musical." Makenna rehearsed for this show for over four months, two hour rehearsals, twice a week. The final week before the show had more rehearsals, lasting 3-4 hours a night. This brought about endless trips to and from the church for me! I did use some of the rehearsals as my "quiet time." I would curl up in the car with a book or work on swim team treasury paperwork. I can't complain too much, I did benefit from the time a little. M was cast in the show as a "Jungle Citizen" and she chose to be a tarantula (I think she chose this to freak out her spider-hating sister). This meant lots of sewing on my part to create this costume WITHOUT a pattern. I was fortunate enough to come across a lady's blog from the east coast whose son was a tarantula for Halloween. I felt like I was stalking her blog as I would keep looking at it to see the costume until I finally just printed the picture of her son in the costume. I worked endless hours on that costume, finishing just 1 hour before the first dress rehearsal. Needless to say, I insist that she is a tarantula for Halloween next year.

Finally, it was show time. Her first show was Dec. 22nd and final show the next night on Dec. 23rd. M did a great job! She knew all her songs, dance moves, everything! We were so proud!
The show itself was BEYOND AMAZING! Briana, the shows producer, did such a great job managing 42 kids for a first class performance. The scenery, the choreography, lighting, everything was at the level of a Broadway show. M did a great job and we were all so proud that her grandparents, friends and other family were either able to attend or watch the live feed of the show on the internet. Great job Makenna and thank you Lord that it's over!


On stage performing
M with her sister, aunt, uncle, cousins and me, of course!

Great costume mom!


M and producer, Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment