Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving isn't over yet.....time for the Stuters!

Thanksgiving didn't end with the Moore side of the family, Thanksgiving Day was spent with my side of the family. We packed the family into the car and braved the terrible traffic to travel to Wrightwood where my side of the family lives. We had a delicious meal at my parents' house, joined by my sister and her family. Over dinner, we laughed a lot as we shared stories from the past that have somehow grown into much bigger stories now. Of course, the infamous "coffee creamer" story from Thanksgiving several years ago was repeated over and over again. K and M had a great time playing with their cousins (both of which are about the same ages as my girls). The girls put on lots of shows, made up jokes and wrote stories. Everything they did HAD to have a very ATTENTIVE audience! My niece, Julia, performed her gymnastics skills, which eventually lead to memories of how I used to be able to "roll on my face." My niece later told us that the proper name for the trick is "The Scorpion." It was decided by all that I should attempt this very limber stunt again, thus began an hour long session of stretching. Jokes flew around that I wasn't allowed to perform until we verified that the paramedic that lives across the street was home. The big moment finally came that I had to perform, but after several attempts, I found I just wasn't as limber as I used to be, so I couldn't get the needed momentum to roll by body over. Julia, however, performed it perfectly and made us all cringe at her EXTREME flexibility.
My niece, Julia
My niece, Courtney & Makenna


My failed attempt at, "The Scorpion"

2 comments:

  1. Janet O'Malley12/11/09, 4:28 PM

    OMG! How much did you drink before you did this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing Janet. It's an old talent of mine.

    ReplyDelete