Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fun with my cousins in Ohio


I returned home on Wednesday after spending 5 days in Ohio visiting my cousins, aunts and uncle. I had a blast! It was a much needed getaway for me after a stressful year. Although I missed John and the girls desperately, it was nice to not have to worry about my responsibilities and just focus on quality time with my extended family. I was reminded on this trip where I get my sarcastic, don't beat around the bush personality. I am a Stuter! I definitely feel in my element when I'm
with my dad's side of the family. I used to spend every-other summer in Ohio and some visits in the winter too. I love that place and would move in a heartbeat! I'm sure all things seem better when you visit occasionally. I bet if we moved there, Iwould miss California. It was great to visit all the locations that I remember from my childhood. It wouldn't be an Ohio trip without visiting the Smuckers Store, Buehlers and my grandparents former house. I also got to visit my grandparents' graves and reminisce with my cousins all the funny moments with our grandparents. I realized just how much I miss my Ohio family and how our personalities are so similar. I think this will become an annual trip for me.


While I was away, the girls got to spend the weekend with my parents and play with my sister's girls. I'm told they all had a blast and hardly knew I was even gone! J also got some quality time with the girls which is so important for all of them. I have prohibited myself from thinking about how their hair must have looked each day at school! I'm sure it wasn't up to my standards!

No comments:

Post a Comment