Monday, March 30, 2009

Glass Seats for the Ducks


Hockey will never be the same again! We've had season tickets for the Ducks for a couple of years now and our seats are surrounded by friends that we love to watch hockey with. I've never complained about our seats because we enjoy them so much and are grateful God provides the money each year to renew them. This year, for John's birthday, I splurged the money and got tickets for John and me to sit on the glass (that's right, row A) for the game against Colorado. Let me tell you, it was the greatest thing that I actually wondered how I could ever return to our regular seats! It's an entirely different game from the front row. You can actually see the expressions on the players' faces, the sweat dropping from their brows, the blood from the fights.... There's nothing like a couple players slammed up against the glass 1 foot in front of you!!! It almost feels like you're on the ice with them, just give me a stick and I'll jump into the action! So, now that I've been completely spoiled by the new view of hockey, I decided I better come up with at least a few cons of sitting on the glass. First, it's harder to follow the puck because you're not looking down on the game, so it can get hidden between players.
Second, the fans, for the most part, are snobs in the lower section. Hardly any of them were wearing jerseys. Instead, they all wear the expensive leather team jackets and the women wear plunging neck lines to show off their augmented breasts. They just aren't as "in to the game." They seem to be there more for the status rather than the love of the game. So, at the next home game, when I return to our regular seats, I'll look around and enjoy the camaraderie of the "true" Ducks fans, proudly wearing their jerseys and painted faces and where they treat you like their best friend, even if you just met them, because you're there for the common bond of rooting on our beloved Ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment