Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home with the flu

It's after 8:00pm and I've just gotten out of bed for more than 5 minutes for the first time all day. I didn't think it was possible to sleep for almost all of a 24 hour period, but I've just proven myself wrong. I've got the cough, sore throat, congestion, fever and body aches. My hope is to take it easy for another 24 hours and wake up completely refreshed and well. Am I dreaming?

About right now I'm so grateful that my kids are, for the most part, self sufficient. They've managed to care for themselves all day, helping each other with homework and delivering Girls Scout cookies to the neighbors. Most of all, I'm extremely grateful for my BFF, Janet, who delivered a very yummy dinner to the door and took my precious Pebbles to the vet to get her shots so I can renew her dog license this weekend. I am so blessed!

1 comment: