Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Former Presidents

The three day weekend was much appreciated in our house. John didn't get the holiday off from work, but it just so happens that he has Monday's off this month. Since it was raining with thunderstorms, our plans of taking the girls and dogs on a nice hike were quickly abandoned. Instead, we all enjoyed a nice day around the house. The girls and I continued to work on a puzzle that we started on Friday after school because of the rain. I got laundry done and John changed the oil in the Expedition. I finally used my Wii Points that I got for Christmas and downloaded the old Mario Bros. game to play on Wii. It's been more than a decade since I last "saved the princess" so I imagine I will be spending way too much time neglecting things that need to get done to once again master the game. John noticed I still raise my arms up into the air as I make Mario jump, however now I can raise them even higher since there's no pestering cord to limit my movement. I also painted the girls fingernails and put little gems on them. They were thrilled! I'll add a picture later. I was told I'm "the best mom ever." Wow, with all the things I've done with and for my daughters, all I really needed to do was paint their nails to get the official title! But, by far, the highlight of the day was spent on the new Inversion Table that J's doctor prescribed for his spine. Its one of those devices that you lock your feet into and turn upside down. I have to admit, it does take all the pressure off your spine. We will see if it actually makes a difference for J (still, I think his major source of pain is that big piece of titanium in his neck!). As for the girls, this is the greatest acrobatic equipment we have in the house. They have had a blast on it all day. I will have to post pictures of that too. All in all, it was a great Monday holiday. So, happy birthday to Presidents Lincoln and Washington!

2 comments:

  1. OK, Shawna, now I can post comments, no problem. Not doing anything different...??? You haven't heard the last from me... Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE the best Mom ever!!

    ReplyDelete