Saturday, February 7, 2009

Talent Show & Birthday Celebration

The annual Sumner Talent Show took place on Jan. 28th and this year Makenna was old enough to participate. K and M decided to perform together. A long and serious debate was had on what talent to perform...piano duet, recorder duet or K on the piano and M on the recorder. The final decision was a recorder duet. The girls never cease to amaze us as they continue to step out of their comfort zone and get up in front of a crowd. The result: a perfect recorder duet. They didn't miss a single note and played perfectly together. What a greatly needed confidence booster for both of them, not to mention very proud parents!


Yet another birthday has come and gone for me on Feb. 5th. As usual, I was perfectly content to just let the day go by like any other day. However, my friends and family just won't allow that. I started the day forcing, yes forcing, my bff, Janet, to take a 5 mile hike with my on the Wilderness Trail in Claremont. It took a lot of coaxing and begging to keep her from turning around. Yes, Janet, I'm publicly humiliating you! :) I enjoyed a perfect evening of fire in the fireplace, Juan Pollo for dinner and a piece of carrot cake (my favorite). John got me just what I wanted, a navigation system for the car (no more excuses for getting lost) and the girls, well......they know me well.
They got me a "wand" that puts out a ray of light that kills germs, dust mites, mold, etc. It even came with a travel wand. Since I'm such a germ phobe, my family pictures me wandering the house looking like some kind of Star Wars character "degerming" the house. John's just glad he won't be with me on the plane
in a couple weeks as I break out the wand to degerm my seat and tray. The best part of it all though was that the girls wrapped the present in drawing paper and decorated it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment