Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Looking up to Mrs. Moore


By the title, you might think I'm the Mrs. Moore I'm referring to. Nope, it's Beth Moore, an incredibly gifted teacher and writer of Bible Studies for women. I'm currently working through my third study by Beth and it's called "Daniel." Let me just say, this is the best one by far. God has gifted her in so many ways and she couldn't be more humble about it! I am doing this study at our new church, CCV. I feel like the Bible Study was chosen just for me. In reality, I know that is exactly how the Holy Spirit works. I'm sure you could talk to every woman in that room and nearly all of them would think it was chosen just for them. The Holy Spirit speaks to each of us differently and makes the study relevant to each of us in different ways. If anyone needs an example of how I know that God is really speaking to me, then this is it! When we left our former church 5 months ago, we had no doubt that God called us to go. Like I've said before, He has given us confirmation that He ordained this at every twist and turn of this adventure. Every once in awhile, I would look back and think about the people I miss seeing regularly and want to say, "really God? Is this really what you wanted?" THEN, on the first day of Bible Study, on the very first page of the book, there were the words, "Sometimes the enemy wants us to go back to the places that God has called us away from." It was at that moment, more than a month ago, that I quit questioning! I see CLEARLY that God had something so magnificent for us that I couldn't have ever imagined how He was about to bless my family and oh how the enemy wanted to stop it! CCV is an unbelievable church with the most dynamic senior pastor I've ever heard (in fact, I think only Christ alone could beat him out). The same is true for the associate pastors and staff. Beth's study on Daniel has solidified in me that God is always in control, even when it appears that He isn't. God will use whatever He has to in order to direct us to walk in obedience with Him. Between the blessings of our new church and God's voice through Beth Moore, I'm in the happiest place in my life EVER! Had I listened to that voice of the enemy, I wouldn't be growing in Christ, in spirit and joy like I am right now. Without me even being aware of it, seemingly good things were eating me alive. They were cluttering my life and keeping me at a distance from God. As Beth said, we must always be on guard for that which isn't healthy, even in small doses. Some things need to be permanently removed, sometimes they are habits, jobs, material things or people, even Christian people. Thank you Jesus for using Beth Moore to open my eyes to Your will for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment